Komashov Mishorim Reservoir Sealing Services
Reservoir sealing of the various types in Israel and worldwide is done by using special plastic sheeting that seals the reservoir’s infrastructure for various uses such as:
- Transporting water in the reservoir
- Preventing permeation into the soil
- Preserving and treating the various liquids
- Separating the various liquids from the soil
Sealing the water reservoirs and other reservoirs is initially done by laying protective sheets on the reservoir infrastructure (Geotechnical Fabric intended to provide protection from the soil) while above these, the special sealing sheet which is customized to the project’s needs is spread.
There are different types of sheets for sealing water reservoirs such as Polyethylene sheets and Polypropylene Sheeting.
In certain cases of double-layered sealing in a reservoir, there is an option to place a drainage sheet between the layers to control leakages.
Water Reservoir Sealing with a Floating Solar System
Kumshov Mishorim supports green energy!
We are building the water reservoirs and preparing the area for the deployment of the solar system:
– Laying out protective sheets on the reservoir sheets, to prevent damage to the reservoir sealing.
-Installation of special access roads on top of the existing sheets, to allow the installation teams of the solar system convenient and efficient access.
In addition, we set up the solar systems in collaboration with the installation company, and present you with a finished solar system that makes you money!
The Various Stages of Water Reservoir Sealing
Water pressure, reservoir size, cracks in the structure and ground shifting have turned the process of sealing water reservoirs into a critical task that has to be carefully planned, while choosing the manner of sealing and the materials, varies in accordance with the type of water in the reservoir (potable, sewage, effluent etc.).
However, there are basic stages that must be performed when sealing water reservoirs, and in general when performing any type of reservoir sealing:
- Planning and choosing material – based on the nature of the sealing requested , all stages of the sealing task must be planned and materials must be carefully chosen according to the standards set by the Health Ministry and the Standard Institute.
- Laying Geotechnical sheets – a sheet made of Geotextile fabric used as a protective layer for the sealing sheet protecting it from the ground and from mechanical damages.
- Laying the sealing sheet- the sealing sheet is the most important part in sealing the water reservoir as it is the layer that prevents the water from leaking out of the reservoir, in most cases the sheet is made of Polyethylene.
- Laying a drainage netting/sheet – this is used in cases of multi-layer sealing, it is laid between the sealing layers to control leakages, in most cases this will be made of Polyethylene.
- Installing emergency escape ladders- these are used as a safety measure to allow climbing out of a flooded reservoir during inspections or in the event of an accidental fall.
Today there is a variety of sheets that are suitable for sealing water reservoirs.
There is the Geotechnical sheet that offers a protective top layer beneath the various sealing sheets.
This sheet is made of a woven fabric or alternatively a non-woven fabric, and weighs between 100-1500 gram.
There are sealing sheets made of Polyethylene, which are unique as they can endure extreme weather conditions and are resistant to toxic materials. Their thickness ranges from 0.5 to 2.5 mm and these are mainly used to seal reservoirs and land.
The GEONET drainage netting is mainly used for drainage and to control leakage.
Finally, there is a Polypropylene sheet, which is used for both sealing land and also as a solution for floating covers. Another use that makes these unique, is that they enable the accumulation of potable water and they hold a global standard association stamp. These sheets are flexible, light in weight and of very high quality and which therefore makes them very common.