Sealing sheets and their use
Polypropylene sheets are flexible, light and of high-quality and in addition to being used for sealing grounds, they are also used as floating covers in Israel and worldwide.
Geotechnical sheets from woven or non-woven fabric start at 100 gram and go up to 1.5 Kg per meter. Usually used as a protective layer over the sealing sheet as well it has many uses in the civil engineering sector.
The most common sealing sheets in the world, are used for different sealing types of grounds, reservoirs, chemical ponds etc. The sheets are resistant to harsh climate conditions and hazardous chemicals.
The Geonet is a plastic net made from polypropylene (HDPE) and is normally used as a drainage net for a double layer sealing, to control leakage in the reservoir.
The company using special plastic sheets imported from the best manufacturers in the world performs sealing activities using advanced and professional sealing sheets.
We place professional emphasis on implementing both advanced work methods and using leading and high quality raw materials found in the sealing industry, and all in accordance with the project requirements and client’s request.
Our professional departments consist of highly qualified planning, consulting and implementation staff, who have accompanied many different projects across Israel and around the world during the 30 years the company has been in business.
The company’s operational teams work together with the company’s professional planning teams, as well as with the teams responsible for the project on behalf of the service requester.
Importance of Ground/Reservoir Sealing
- Creating a complete separation– professional sealing for water reservoirs and grounds creates a strong separation between the ground and the water preventing the absorption of liquids, and contamination and maintaining the water quality.
- Preventing water leakage– a small tear is enough to cause contamination and water leakage. Sealing the reservoir is essential to maintain the water quantity, prevent evaporation off the ground or futile water loss or company resources .
- Preventing spread of odor– it is important to ensure sealing and covering reservoirs and grounds that involve gas emission and strong odors that can pollute the air and the environment.
- Pest control– sealing the ground or reservoirs protects the company’s resources from pests, weeds and pollutants that can harm the quality of the resource and cause significant financial loss due to damaged product.
- Preventing risk of a flood– sealing a water reservoir is also critical for protecting against potential flooding of facilities or structures in close proximity to the reservoir. The sturdy sealing materials will ensure that the damage to property and/or people is minimal.
- Preventing gas leak – unique sealing sheets that prevent gas emission, and contain the gas. The gas exists only through a controlled system for gas collection thus preventing financial loss and environmental pollution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most efficient sheets?
Though the fitting of the sheets will depend on the nature of the required seal, the sheets made form materials such as polypropylene and polyethylene are the most common for an efficient and long-lasting seal.
What is the difference between low/high density sheets?
Low density sealing sheets, in most cases, have a reasonably strong composition, and have a high tear-resistance and water resistance.
On the other hand, high-density sealing sheets are usually tough and have a strong competition, but have low tear-resistance.
Can Sealing prevent gas leak?
Yes, gas leaks can and are important to prevent in order to prevent financial loss and environmental pollution.
There are special sealing sheets that are used to prevent gas leaks as well as protect the entire gas content within the sealing area. The gas releases through a controlled mechanism.
When should a drainage net be used?
When performing a multi-layer seal on different reservoirs, it is possible and recommended to add between the layers a netting/drainage sheet in order to control and monitor cases of water leakage between the sealing layers.
What is the Meaning of Positive/Negative Sealing?
A positive seal is a seal performed on surfaces that have direct water contact.
This is the most efficient method, as opposed to negative sealing where sealing materials are used on surfaces that do not have direct water contact.